I’m a UI developer with a passion for design systems, style guides and component libraries. I enjoy creating beautiful, user-centered websites and web applications with a strong interest in clean grid design as well as elegant typography. Good eye for design and typography, high attention to detail. Great listener, curious, team player.
- Highly skilled in creating performant HTML, CSS
- Passionate about CSS Methodologies (OOCSS, BEM, ACSS, SMACSS, SUIT CSS) and CSS Preprocessors (sass, less)
- Proficient with Task Runners / Build Tools (WebPack, Grunt, Gulp) and Package Managers (NPM, Yarn) and Version Control Systems (Git, SVN)
- Skilled in creating Design Systems, Component Libraries, Prototypes and Style Guides
- Knowledgeable about WebGL, SVG, Animation, User Experience, Accessibility, Responsive Web Development with a Mobile First approach, Cross-Browser Compatibilities and Progressive Enhancement.
Sr UI DeveloperIndigo Slate, Bellevue (WA)
Apr 2019 - Present
Freelance Front-end DeveloperSelf-employed, Greater Seattle Area (WA)
May 2017 - Present
- Developed Wordpress themes and supported in-house development teams, e.g. the Wordpress theme for the new PCC website, making use of Advanced Custom Fields plugin to allow for easier content editing.
- Created prototypes with a focus on animation, making use of GSAP and Lottie, an animation tool that renders After Effects animations in real time
UI DeveloperIndigo Slate, Bellevue (WA)
Jun 2018 - Oct 2018
- Built interactive experiences using Vue.js, e.g. a guided tour experience for nintex.com, allowing the user to walk through various features before signing up to the workflow automation tool.
- Developed a landing page including interactive 3D experiences using WebGl (Babylon.js) for SharePoint spaces.
Front-end DeveloperSnap Tech, London (UK)
May 2014 - Jul 2016
- Re-architected CSS/HTML codebase of the responsive Snap Fashion website for better maintainability and performance.
- Set up a build process to automate common tasks, optimize frontend assets.
- Created and maintained a style guide to use as a reference for our design language.
- Delivered front-end work for various external and internal projects to the backend team.
- Developed prototypes including a Chrome extension and browser bookmarklet.
- Offered guidance/support to the design team, advising on core web design principles, best practice and work flow.
Web Design & Interface SpecialistJohnHenry, London (UK)
Jun 2010 - May 2014
- Working within a team of 16+ I’ve established myself as a front-end developer with a strong focus on web standards, semantics, accessibility and progressive enhancement (HTML/CSS).
- Designed and/or built Wordpress themes as well as Shopify themes from scratch or customized them depending on the client’s needs.
- Headed the design team and designed simple and clean user interfaces.
Web SpecialistJohnHenry, London (UK)
Sept 2009 - Jun 2010
- Designed websites and features as well as customized social media channels to improve their online presence.
- Content management, including image processing for the web.
- Built HTML newsletters and managed the distribution through the in house newsletter management system.
- Assisted the development team with HTML and CSS updates
BSc, Media-technology and -designUniversity of Applied Sciences Campus Hagenberg (AUT)
2006 - 2009
A full-time degree programme that provides the technical expertise as well as the design and communication skills in areas including web (backend and frontend development), multimedia, 3D modelling, animation, audio & video production.